Lounge is available for eating and drinking (no talking while eating/drinking) and for talking on cell phones.
Library materials are also displayed in panels.
- The following items cannot be brought in.
- Food and beverages with strong smells (e.g. curry)
- Primarily liquid food (e.g. soup, ramen)
- Beverages not in “spill-proof” containers (e.g. pull-tab cans, paper cups, paper cartons)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Please put your cell phone on silent mode and refrain from talking loudly or for long periods of time.
- Please refrain from talking loudly as it disturbs other users.
- Please share the seat.
- Eating and talking on cell phones are prohibited in the library, except in the Lounge.
*Beverages (water and sugar-free tea) are allowed in the reading seats and cubicles.
*Talking on cell phones are allowed in the elevator hall on the 3rd floor.
Library is always welcoming exhibition projects in the Lounge
Lounge is offered as an exhibition space. Why not exhibit your work?
Applicants need to be affiliated with Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences / Faculty of Agriculture, the University of Tokyo (applications by groups are also acceptable if the representative is a qualified applicant).
There is no deadline for applications. Please apply anytime.
*Exhibition space in the aisle on the 3rd floor is also available. Please ask us if you wish to use this space.
Please consult us.
Works that can be exhibited
Research findings, club activities, hobby works, etc. that can be displayed on the wall
How to display
You can use the picture rails installed on three walls of Lounge.
(Up to 8 panels up to A2 size can be mounted)
You can use the table display case in front of Lounge.
(150 cm wide * 65 cm deep * 90 cm high (14 cm high inside the case))
*The case may not be available for some exhibits.
How to apply
Please email the application form for use of Lounge (Word: in Japanese) to the address below.
- You need to provide your own supplies for your exhibit. Wires for picture rails and hanging brackets for foam boards are available for loan.
- Exhibits need to be set up and taken down between 9:00-17:00 on weekdays.
- Please be considerate of noise and space occupancy so as not to interfere with other people’s use of the library.
- The applicant is responsible for the management of the exhibits and any problems that may arise with the exhibition.
- If permission from the copyright holder or owner is required to display the work, the applicant is responsible for obtaining such permission.
Lounge Exhibition Working Group, University Library for Agricultural and Life Sciences
E-mail: loungewg★lib.a.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Please replace ★ with @.)