ECCS terminals are located in Reading Room 2 (ECCS Corner) on the 3rd floor.
Advance application is required to use ECCS terminals. For details, please check ECCS website of Information Technology Center, the University of Tokyo.
UTokyo Wi-Fi is available throughout the library.
- To use UTokyo Wi-Fi, you need to have a UTokyo Wi-Fi account.
- Please note that the connection may be difficult to establish due to the condition of radio waves or your equipment.
- Please check UTokyo Wi-Fi website for information on issuing an account and setting up the wireless LAN.
- Wireless LAN cards and computers are not provided; please bring your own.
For information on wireless LANs other than UTokyo Wi-Fi, please check Wi-Fi services in UTokyo.
There is a photocopier available for photocopying library materials on the 1st floor.
- Photocopier can be used with a copy card. Cash is not accepted.
- Copy cards are sold at the UTokyo CO-OP, not in the library. The nearest CO-OP store is Co-op store in Yayoi section (Books and Purchasing).
…the Co-op store in Yayoi section
…University of Tokyo Co-op Store in Hongo Campus
*Copy cards are available at Co-op store No.1 and Co-op store No.2.
*Copy card sales hours may differ from Co-op store opening hours. Please contact the Co-op store for details.
Terminal for reading materials
There is a terminal for viewing CDs and DVDs held in the library near the Service Desk on the 1st floor. You can also print out materials using the card-operated photocopier.
Please apply for use at the Service Desk.
- Available from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays. Please apply for use by 16:30.
- UTokyo members can use CDs and DVDs at ECCS terminals or on their own computer. (Some materials are not available on ECCS terminals or brought-in computers.)
BBC broadcasts (BBC News) and CNN broadcasts (CNN Newsroom) are available at the Browsing Corner on the 2nd floor.