When you belong to the University of Tokyo and wish to enter Agr. Library, you will need either an “Student ID”, “Faculty ID”, or “University of Tokyo Library Card”.
Any of these cards can be used as a library card by registering for library use.
For details on how to register, please contact the library or office of the department to which you belong.
Please check out by a self-checkout machine / at the service desk.
The self-check machine is not available for the following case. Please ask the service desk.
- Those who have the barcode-labeled type Library card
- Thick materials/ materials without barcode labels on the cover.
- Unbound journals (newly arrived journals, etc.)
- Non-book items (e.g. CD-ROMs)
|Once (2 weeks)
- You can extend the loan period via MyOPAC.→Help
- In the case you have at least one overdue book, you cannot borrow any books.
- You cannot renew books if your book is made a reservation by another user or if you have overdue books.
Materials only available in the library (in-library use only)
- Materials at the Syllabus Corner (materials labeled ‘Syllabus’ on the spine)
- Reference books (including institutional handbooks and bibliographies)
- Doctoral dissertations
- Senior theses submitted in Meiji or Taisho periods
- Rare books and books in Japanese binding
- Various collections (Suzuki bunko, Ueda bunko, Sasaki bunko, Janson bunko)
- Newspapers (except for Reduced-size and reprinted editions)
- Other materials that publishers prohibited from taking out of libraries.
- Please return the materials to the service desk during opening hours.
*Please be sure to return by the due date for the other users.
When there is even one overdue material, no new materials, whether books or journals, can be checked out.
Overdue borrowers may be suspended from borrowing materials for a certain period.
- When the library is closed, please return materials to the book drop box on the left side of the entrance.
*Non-book materials such as unbound journals and CD-ROMs may be damaged, so please return them to the service desk when the library is open, not to the book drop.
- Materials of the Agr. Library can also be returned to the other UTokyo libraries. You can also return materials from the other UTokyo libraries at Agr. Library except for materials that have been instructed to be returned in person or otherwise when checked out.
Return by Mail
- If you are unable to come to the library by the due date because of unavoidable circumstances, you may return the materials by mail.
- Materials must be from the collection of Agr. Library.
- The day the materials arrive at Agr. Library is the return date. Please note that materials cannot be received on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Please wrap returned materials in plastic bags and protect them with cushioning material to prevent damage.
- To prevent loss during postage, please send your materials by a way that is traceable and allows confirmation of receipt (Yu-pack, registered mail, Letter Pack Plus, courier service, etc.).
- Please pay the postage costs (cash on delivery is not acceptable).
1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
The University Library for Agricultural and Life Sciences, the University of Tokyo, Information Service Section
*If any of the borrowed materials are lost or damaged, please let us know.
*Please note that you may be asked to pay for any lost or defaced materials if the above precautions are not followed.
If a book or journal is currently on loan or in binding, you can make a reservation.
- Books : Please reserve from the MyOPAC page of UTokyo OPAC. →Help
- Journals : Please ask at the service desk (journals cannot be reserved through OPAC).
- You will be notified as soon as the material become available.